Want a refreshing way to clean up?
Tired of using chemical-laden cleaning supplies?
Here's one honey of a recipe to go natural with.
This environmentally, family, and pet-friendly,
inexpensive cleaner will have you wanting to clean up!
All-Purpose Citrus Spray Cleaner
by The Blueberry Bee 2013
12 oz. White Vinegar
4 oz. Rubbing Alcohol (any %)
1/4 tsp. Lemongrass E.O., Orange E.O., Lemon E.O., or Grapefruit E.O.
1/8 tsp. Tea Tree E.O.
5 or 6 drops Liquid Dish Soap (any brand)
1. Pour all ingredients into a trigger spray bottle and then fill the bottle the rest of the way with distilled water (or tap water, if you prefer).
2. Shake it up well & spray your way to a clean, healthy home.
*You may want to wear gloves while using this cleaner, as the essential oils may irritate sensitive skin and make the skin more sensitive to sunlight. If you are not using gloves, be sure to wash your hands well after cleaning with this spray to avoid contact with the eyes. Also, use of essential oils during pregnancy, especially the first trimester is not advisable.
*As with any cleaner, be sure the container is clearly labeled and kept out of the reach of children. Exercise caution & be safe!
* Lemon E.O. is said to be astringent, antiseptic, and uplifting.
* Orange E.O. is said to boost and balance mood.
*Tea Tree E.O. is said to be antiseptic, fugicidal, and anti-inflammatory.
* Grapefruit E.O. is said to be uplifting, stress-reducing, and able to help rid the body of excess water.
Feel free to change up this recipe. Use your favorite E.O.'s and have fun with it! Use of gloves during handling of E.O.'s is advisable. If you want to learn more about essential oils & their uses, there are many good sites on the web, as well as in print. Here are two of my favorites: The Essential Oils Book by Colleen K. Dodt & Bramble Berry.
The Blueberry Bee will not be held responsible for any ill effects or accidents associated with use or mishandling of product. Use at your own risk.