Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Cherry Coconut Dumpling


I had a mind to come up with something tasty the other day. So I went to my cabinet & pulled out some different things. This is what I came up with. (You can find the whole recipe sans pictures on the "Recipes" page.) Everyone in my family enjoyed it. This recipe is enough for 6 average appetites, but it really depends on what size portions you're used to. It weighs in at about 240 calories per serving (based on 6 servings).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cherry Coconut Dumpling
A Crock Pot Dessert by The Blueberry Bee


Gather your ingredients:
1 can (20 oz.) cherry pie filling (mine was light)
1 can Pillsbury Grands Jr. Honey Biscuits
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon allspice


Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
(My cutting board looks pretty rough, I know. It's stained from making play dough.)


 Place all the ingredients into the crock pot & combine well.


Put the lid on & turn it on low for about an hour.


Serve it up with some vanilla ice cream or sweet cream. 
Mmmmm. . . delicious!

If you don't know what sweet cream is, you're missing out! It's really good over cobblers & dumplings. To make it, simply combine a can of evaporated milk 
(or a small carton of heavy cream) with about 1/2 cup of sugar. 
I pour mine into a canning jar & shake, shake, shake! 

This recipe was a winner in my house & I hope it will be in yours, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input. Every opinion counts. Have a great day!