Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Bow Wreath

This project idea came to me suddenly, as I was trying to decorate for Christmas. Usually, the kids & I don't get started decorating until it's almost too late to enjoy it. And, quite frankly, I just wasn't in the mood last year. We were all still grieving over my Father-In-Law's passing, so the holidays didn't hold as much cheer for any of us. This year will still be hard, especially for my husband & Mother-In-Law, but the kids & I seem more able to get into the Christmas spirit. 

I've been in a Christmas music buying frenzy. I got a Bing Crosby CD (because I'm not sure what happened to the old one), Mannheim Steamroller, The Chipmunks, & 3 Harps for Christmas, Volume 1. I'm really happy about the 3 Harps CD. If you haven't heard it, you should give it a try. It's very pleasant & soothing. It's not down at all, though. It's lively & upbeat with that Christmas-y twinkle you would expect from a fine harp player (Sylvia Woods). I purchased mine through Amazon, but you can find it on iTunes, as well. I also purchased the second volume & downloaded it to my iPhone, so I can have it wherever I go. This is arguably the best Christmas music I have ever owned! I plan to listen to it often, especially mixing it in with The Chipmunks & Francesca Battistelli while we decorate the tree!

So, I wanted an easy fix for my front door & came up with this. I hope you enjoy it, as it's easy, quick, inexpensive, & fun. To keep it on the cheap, you could skip the plastic canvas & use cardboard instead. It would be a bit sturdier, too! Add jingle bells, ribbon, glitter, or whatever you can come up with. You could even do lots of them & have a Christmas fund-raiser -- a great way to raise money for your church or favorite charitable organization. Have a great Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input. Every opinion counts. Have a great day!