Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fall Decorating


Here are some pictures of how I have decorated my home this Fall. Last year, I didn't do much. I've been battling depression & even Christmas was a stretch. This year, I'm feeling better & I'm decorating like crazy! 

Image The Blueberry Bee 2013
I've had this wreath for my front door for a few years. It usually gets prime time, 'cuz it's usually the only thing I put out! =)
 
Image The Blueberry Bee 2013




This is my mantel -- simple, yet elegant & fun! Note the squirrel to the left of the pumpkin. =)

Image The Blueberry Bee 2013
Image The Blueberry Bee 2013
 These adorn my bookshelf. I haven't got a candle . . .yet! Isn't that sad? These & the mantel pumpkin were gifts from my mom. = )

Image The Blueberry Bee 2013
I made an appliqued & quilted table runner for my kitchen this year (took me a couple days). And then I added a canning jar ring pumpkin. (The original idea was not mine, though. I saw it on Google+. Sorry I don't know where the original idea came from -- super cute, though!) 

I tied about 20 canning rings together & rolled some brown print fabric for the stem -- just poked it down in the middle. Then I added a couple of crocheted leaves that I made. Voila! A neat silver pumpkin for the table.

Image The Blueberry Bee 2013
This hangs by our most-used door. You know, the one we exit to put shoes on. =)

Image The Blueberry Bee 2013
This "Welcome" pumpkin-shaped sign (Michael's Art Store) hangs on the outside of our door. Don't tell me, I already know -- the door looks terrible & needs to be replaced. Another time, another day. 
= (

There are so many neat items, ideas, & projects for this time of year. Have fun decorating!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input. Every opinion counts. Have a great day!