Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Newest Thing

My first sewing pattern. Aren't you proud of me?


Well, I've done it again. As if I didn't have enough things I enjoy doing -- I'm adding another to the list. I have begun making my own sewing patterns. I hold a B.S. in Home Economics (no wise cracks, please), and wanted to teach it -- until I graduated and found out it was being phased out of schools.

I use my education every day, so it's not wasted. But I never really got to teach it -- until now! YouTube is my new favorite tool, besides my blog, for getting my how-to's out there. They may not be great or super clear, but I'm working on that, one tute at the time.

I'm focusing on easy, quick, fun beginner sewing patterns. When I was a beginner, I was very impatient to see my work completed. My teacher (the best there is) was not of the same opinion, however. She is one of those people who will take as much time as she needs to make whatever she's working on perfect.

My Mom was that way, too. I remember nights that she would stay up into the wee hours of the morning sewing clothes for me. Unfortunately, she doesn't sew anymore. =( Mom has Alzheimer's Disease. It's wrecking me mentally and emotionally. I want Mom, you know? Want her here with me, encouraging me, laughing with me, playing with my kids, and helping me along the way. She was always my biggest fan, until I got married. My hubby is the best! But Mom runs a close second. And I love her so much!

So I hope you will tune in. I've been trying to upload a new tutorial once a week, but I may have to play around with the timing a bit. Home life has been really busy and I've been focused on writing patterns, so I haven't had as much time to turn out my tutes.

See how happy I am that you're watching my tutorials?

My patterns will be available to the public in my Etsy shop: http://www.theblueberrybee.etsy.com. Come on over & check it out! I have crochet patterns available, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input. Every opinion counts. Have a great day!